Thursday 3 June 2010

"Tread Softly" Crafts Council of Ireland Textile Competition Details

Tread Softly - an exhibition of textile work by members of the Crafts Council of Ireland. This exhibition will be on show at the Knitting & Stitching Show RDS, Dublin 28th to 31st October 2010.

The exhibition is open to all registered members, associate and full, of the Crafts Council of Ireland. All original work must have been made in the past 2 years, and cannot have won a major prize.

The theme for the exhibition is the poem by Yeats, entrants may interpret the poem as they wish.

Had I the Heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with the golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet
But I, being poor, have only my dreams:
I have spread my dreams beneath your feet;
Tread Softly because you tread on my dreams.....

William Butler Yeats

4th August - Entry Date for Images
22nd August - Submission of work

Further details on this competition will be available next week

No comments: